Background Image

Aiming Is Kind Of A Joke

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by volimnir0, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Possessed Chaos Lord volimnir0 Steam Early Access

I don't even know how many times I missed the target while aiming because of it's changing when enemy is behind an object! It seems pretty aim-assisting to me because how the aiming acts but instead it makes worse! It makes you to miss your target! Look at the pics I've uploaded. While the point of the crosshair is a bit in front the crosshair itself is a bit back of the point of the crosshair. Okay first one is understandable because bolter is a bit left but I've never seen the pointer of the crosshair is at the different place than the crosshair itself in any game. But second one? I'm not sure if it was same with the first pic since it has captured days ago but in the second pic the aim was moving automatically to the left and to the right! And it was causing to can't aiming the middle of the between because it was constantly moving to the other place! I hope it will be fixed soon! If it can be disabled in the options let me know please!

Attached Files:

2. Krayt Krayt Preacher

The bullet follows a trajectory so if an object is on the trajectory yo uwill not be able to hit the guy behind , plain and simple , the crosshair reflects that , if it isnt aligned with the dot then something is blocking the bullet's path , the trajectory comes from your gun instead of other games where it comes from head/torso/crosshair , it will not be fixed since it isnt a problem and cant be disabled in the options
  3. Possessed Chaos Lord volimnir0 Steam Early Access

Why it follows the trajectory? What's the point? Crosshair reflects what? Nope, none was blocking the bullet's path on the second pic, on the first it was. It was just because he was behind the object so crosshair went to a bit left which made me can't even aiming him because even while he shows himself if I was aiming a bit left it was going back to where it was in the pic. Aim was a bit right of him. And if I was aiming a bit left to catch him it was suddenly going back to where it was in the pic. So I could aiming a bit right of him not exactly on him or the left where the crosshair was at. What? What does trajectory has to do with head/torso/crosshair? It is the BIGGEST PROBLEM. You didn't even get what I was talking about. Instead you were trying to explain this issue logically and pretend like it isn't a technical problem. So forget it.
  4. Krayt Krayt Preacher

I clearly understand what u are talking about , most shooters dont target bullet trajectory into acount since its hitscan ,its the same thing for the 2nd picture , you think everything is fine but its because of the camera angle , if u would be able to see throught the barrel you would see that the point you are aiming at isnt visible from that perpective
  5. Possessed Chaos Lord volimnir0 Steam Early Access

If you were understand what I was talking about you shouldn't even think there wasn't a problem even while there is. It should be hitscan not bullet trajectory. Because it cause to change the aim itself for no reason. What does it has to do with the camera angle? I have no idea what you are talking about thus I don't get. Be more clear. Point wasn't even visible. You can see there the point of the crosshair at the right.
  6. Except for when you get shot through 3 feet of concrete because of quarter of a second of latency but otherwise spot on.
  7. Krayt Krayt Preacher

its not a problem , you just need to get used to it , the real problem is the lack of Shoulder camera swap on a 3rd person shooter

[​IMG]

i cant explain it more simply than with this drawing , basically what you see from your angle isnt what your gun see
  8. Possessed Chaos Lord volimnir0 Steam Early Access

Doesn't matter if you get used to it or not, it's still a problem. And I don't know about shoulder camera swap. Haven't noticed it yet.

I didn't get this drawing. Do you mean even if the barrel pointing at the object you are shooting you are shooting instead of the different place?
  9. Krayt Krayt Preacher

[​IMG]
    Yes it all depends on the perspective, since its a 3d world what you see from your shoudler camera (here green eye) isnt the same as what the gun can see (here black eye)
    0strum and Vaanes like this.
  10. Possessed Chaos Lord volimnir0 Steam Early Access

How I see from shoulder camera is the same as what the gun can see? If it's the case why the both perspectives are different? lol