Background Image

Adeptus Astartes Vs Adeptus Sororitas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord_Mrok, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Yeah i know Astartes are superior warriors, but Only 1 Sister in history willingly succumbed 2 chaos. What's your choice ?
  2. Jericho Jericho Forum Beta Tester

Building a Soroitas army at the moment would love to see them in the game one day
  3. Bossaroo bossaroo Well-Known Member

Only one RECORDED meaning imperial record recorders don't really care if sororitas corrupt or they don't really have many record of it because that's like recording every time a guardsmen officer or naval officer or arbiter dies it just doesn't really go in the history books. I'm not saying anything bad about anyone but the imperium doesn't record sororitas because they didn't mass defect and send the imperium into a civil war .....
  4. In a straight fight I believe the Astartes would win it by a small margin.
    But if you mean which would I choose? I believe I might go for the Sororitas, or better still the older Sisters Of Silence (think SoB's with the Pariah gene).
  5. Fireeye Fireeye Well-Known Member

Astartes are superior to Sororitas thanks to their genetic enhancement. In return, the investment in a Sister of Battle naturally is smaller, despite of the power armor and bolter/flamer.

That being said, I'm all for the Sisterhood. Partially because it could shut up the "HURR GIEF FEMALE SPEHS MEHREN SEXISM!11" faction, and partially because the Adeptus Sororitas decidedly does not get enough love from GW.

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Steadfast_Pewter_Sororitas
    Topp-Hatt, Schnizy, Corphy and 6 others like this.
  6. Since you're asking for choice and not "who would win" I'd definitely say Sisters. They may be GW's "red-headed stepchild" but imho, they're so much cooler than the Astartes.
  7. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

Speshh nuns over spesh mhareens?

...yeah I guess I can respect that.

I have a little fondness for them since they are one of the few factions that can even be considered less popular than Dark Eldar.
  8. Basardius Basardius Prefectus

Umm a SM would completely wreck a SoB lore wise. Theres no "small margin" at all.
    Sage, Golokopitenko and Darnath like this.
  9. Blood God Kaos Active Member

the sisters were a fun faction to play in dawn of war 1. massive mobile cathedral organs as weapons? yes please.

gotta like a woman with enough meat on her bones that she doesnt break when things get "freaky"
    Makeka, Xeltan and marculario like this.
  10. Vox de Vacuo Vox-de-Vacuo Active Member

Why bother about that idiocy at all? Who would not prefer over-tolerant morons to stay away from our beloved fictional universe of cruel and unfair alternative future? Actually, it doesn't differ much from fugly present - there are no space marines and all that warp cr@p yet :D
    As for sororitas - they are nice, but no, thank you, I don't want them to be in EC.
    Makeka and Golokopitenko like this.