Background Image

Ace Dakka - The Ork Autocannon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShadowMage, Apr 16, 2017.

1. ShadowMage ShadowMage Active Member

I've been working my way up through the supply drops for orks, and I recently bought a 12k box and got a unique Deff Gun called "Ace Dakka". I've been gaining a slow appreciation for the Deff Gun as it's a damn fine weapon when you don't have to move much (just like any Heavy Bolter-equivalent); since every unique I've tried has been pretty wild, I dropped queue to take a look at it and the description referred to it as an Autocannon.

I tried it out and... Honestly, I have no words for how disgusting it is. The damn thing is probably the most accurate weapon in the ork's arsenal, and given the low fire rate and high damage, it can effectively have no spread if you use it as a semi-auto rifle. My issue with this is that, once you're braced, you will effectively 3-or-4-shot anything that gets in your sights (and sometimes it's 1 or 2 if you get a headshot, and you WILL). The damn thing is arguably better than an autocannon as the thing suppresses, too! Just one round flying near any enemy will instantly suppress them, throwing their aim off so you cannot be effectively counter-sniped (at least without significant difficulty or help). Ever since I've gotten it, I've been running around only as a loota and my position on the scoreboard has skyrocketed. In most games, I'm placing in the top 3-4, and in a game or two, I've been the top scoring player.

With that damn gun, a good vantage point, and high ground, I can do the work of 3 or 4 other players combined. Now, I'm not writing this to brag or talk shit; rather the opposite. I feel that a significant part of my improved performance is strictly from the gun. The gun is absolutely disgusting in its effectiveness against infantry and I pretty much constantly feel like it's over powered.

It feels like it's the old "sniper" heavy bolters from around the time or release or so, and I know how nasty that was. While I certainly appreciate the orks having an auto cannon, it's just too good in virtually every way; I can pick off an enemy running from cover to cover before they really get the chance to react and my success rate at doing so it almost certainly in the 90% range simply because I need to only hit 3-ish shots and the gun's so accurate.
    I don't like things being nerfed, but this is one of the instances where I think a gun should be nerfed, quite dramatically. Edit: I'm now thinking if the accuracy decrease/spread increase per shot was increased, the gun would be fine.

What have you folks experienced with the Ace Dakka? Is it as infuriating as I think it is?
    Also, below are the stats. I'd include auto-cannon stats, but I don't have one to pull the numbers from.

Stats:
    • Damage: 124/12m / 91/100m
    • Penetration: 115
    • RPM: 171
    • Spread (ADS/HIP/SIPS): 0.3° / 3° / 0.04°
    • Recoil: 0.62° / 1.69°
    • Ammunition: 150
    • Heat per Shot: 5.8%

Edit: I've started recording the results of running the Ace Dakka. So far the results have been pretty impressive. More details on this post.
  2. RuntKikka RuntKikka Well-Known Member

Ace Dakka is a great weapon and might be a little too strong.

Probably just drop the suppression and call it a day. It's really no different from an autocannon outside of that extra bit.

Honestly I haven't touched it in awhile, I prefer the plasma deffgun or kannon, but a few of my guild mates won't put it down.

It is head and shoulders superior to the dakka deffgun. I think your increased performance is more from dropping that pile of crap for a good weapon.
    jbregg, Kaptin_Pokkets and Cutbait like this.
  3. Avlaen Avlaen Arkhona Vanguard

yup its annoying to fight as you think it would be, coupled with the kannon its kinda hard to make any head way against orks on fortress maps for example.

the chaos autocannon is good even after the nerf, ace dakka didnt get nerfed when the autocannons did AND it suppresses
  4. Brosephelon Recruit

The Ace Dakka is an autocannon for Orks, that also supresses. Its basically a better autocannon than anything CSM gets, which is sorta silly. Not many people complain about it because its locked away behind the supply drops as a unique and giving a unique supression is pretty fair honestly speaking. Not only that in most cases where you died to an Ace Dakka it usually just as easily could have been a Kannon so dying to a "non-Kannon" is usually just a "oooo that innovative Ork bucking the trend, good on ya mate".
    Cutbait and ChristofNihilus like this.
  5. ShadowMage ShadowMage Active Member

Now... take this with a huuuuge grain of salt as I haven't even touched the Kannon yet buuut.... It really seems as though the Ace Dakka drops the splash to get a LOT more bullet speed (and maybe accuracy?). That alone makes the Ace Dakka infinitely more oppressive as a sniper weapon (which is what I've been using it as). Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Kannon also have a charge-up? The Kannon you just let the weapon settle and you're ready to unleash a wall of lead dakka that'll drop anyone and any thing.
    From what I can tell, the Ace Dakka seems even better than the Kannon who everyone complains about.
  6. RuntKikka RuntKikka Well-Known Member

Have you tried an auto cannon yet? They are just as effective and can snipe people easily.

I don't think anybody complains about it much since most factions have something similar (Ace Dakka/Auto cannon/Stalker Bolter).

Eldar are the only ones that can really get mad about it since they have nothing to compare yet.

They are getting rangers soon but they'll be a 1 life elite.
  7. ShadowMage ShadowMage Active Member

I find this logic a bit flawed as, even if every faction has a disturbingly powerful weapon, it's still OP. Plus the Ace Dakka has suppression, which is not insignificant.
  8. RuntKikka RuntKikka Well-Known Member

I already said Ace Dakka needs to lose the suppression which is the only thing I would change about it.

Nothing OP about any of the weapons I listed they are just strong in their element: sniping people.
    Aislinn and Saeritan like this.
  9. Brosephelon Recruit

The Kannon is plenty accurate, you can reliably direct hit with the projectile at super long ranges where you target is literally just a few pixels.
    I can reliable shoot over a ledge and hit the ground behind it to kill people behind cover from an elevated position at basically any range the game has with a kannon. It also gives zero warning or reaction for the target they are just alive, and they are dead, no warning, no sound, no reaction, no chance to do anything but simply die because I knew where they were even with me not having line of sight to the target and them fully hidden behind a box, ledge, whatever.

The Kannon itself has minimal drop, pretty fast travel speed, and a large enough AoE that even if you "miss" the explosion is likely to take care of the job anyhow. Its not a hitscan weapon by any means but it may aswell be because of how little drop it has and how fast it is. It also has no damage fall off on the AoE so even if the every edge of the explosion barely scratches the enemy they still are fully 100 to dead instantly.

If you haven't used the Kannon do yourself a favor and do so before its nerfed. Its clearly OP as fuck right now and its just a matter of time before something about it gets nerfed, until then I'd suggest giving it a whirl and basking in its glory.

The Ace Dakka is good, nobody thinks otherwise but its also something you can play around/against. Its not like its unbeatable or on a level far above all others like the Kannon. Also you probably want to check out the Plasma Deffgun too. Higher dps than the Ace Dakka but rather similar all things considered and some even consider it the sleeper OP in the the Ace Dakkas shadow.
    Overall most the of the Loota weapons are very good with exception to the Zzap Deffgun which is a "worse lascannon but blue".
  10. Avlaen Avlaen Arkhona Vanguard

it mainly just needs to lose the suppresion, the chaos AC used to have suppresion and no one ever took the HB as it was pointless.
    Paeyvn likes this.