Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deadknight, Sep 16, 2017.
So... basically to avoid canon-conflicts?
No, we always knew their sizes, and the openings are intentionally set as they are. They simple _aren't_ supposed to go everywhere. But as pointed out, it's animation.
Dude... If you don't know WH40k-lore, there are 2 wikis for that: The Warhammer Wikia and the Lexicanum.
The novels/short-stories are clear on that. Space Marines are asexual.
Space Marines are so asexual, they get weirded out and confused when women flirt with them.
I'll just remind that bigotry is a bannable offense, even in jest.
Yeah, that's usually the reason. And it's often temporary.
I's dun giv a fraggin zog 'bout dem Marine Boyz lore, ya 'Umie git!
I's an Ork so I's jus kill em all, dun matta wot colour or name!
No bigotry or sexism of any kind was intended.
The personality traits of Space Marines with respect to women were for example treated in:
- the novel "Gift of the Emperor":
* A woman makes a sexual comment about the Grey Knight Hyperion and he doesn't understand what she meant.
* Hyperion realizes that he cannot even tell if a woman is pretty or not. The concept of female beauty does not exist in his mind.
- the short-story "The Laurel of Defiance"
* A woman is flirting with a Space Marine at a festivity, just for fun, to see what happens. The Space Marine understands that she's flirting with him, but he gets confused as he doesn't understand why she would do that. He doesn't understand that he is attractive.
- the novel "Malodrax" (chapter 16)
* Space Marines do have a psychological urge to procreate, however to them procreation is nothing sexual. The urge to procreate is expressed as the urge to have successors via geneseed.
And there's a Night Lords short-story (whose title I have forgotten, but it's in the Night Lords Anthology) that the Neophytes are slowly losing their psychological concept of sexuality during their transformation into a full Space Marine. (Let's not forget that the transformation includes brainwashing.)
Let's not forget that Space Marines are not humans. It's not just their body: Their mind, their way of thinking, is also different from homo sapiens.
I hereby apologize to anyone who felt offended by my seemingly light-hearted remark. This was in no way intended to be a sexist or otherwise discriminating post.
That's really a shame... Then you would know that a proper Ork calls Space Marines "Beekees", not "Marine Boyz", because of their MK6 power-armour...
Or how to write what you just said in Ork-runes...
Or that what you think is the Ork-language is actually just a translation for the english-speaking readers of the novels and the actual Ork-language (as spoken in-universe in WH40k) consists of barks, snarls and grunts...
You know what?
I'm starting to doubt that you have green skin.
I's a Kommando ya stoopid git! 'Course I's can unnastand Gothic.
So, ya can read a buk? Gud fer youz, 'Umie.
Da ya really 'ave ta be so stoopid ta fink dat only wot a buk tells yer 'bout Orks be true?
If dat's da case, den Ghazghkull wos right, fightin 'Umies be easy.
'E proved ya wrong time an' time again.
I's callin @Gashmangla ta chat wiv youz 'bout dis Ork speak yer likes; prolly workin now.
Ya no wot?
I's finks yer jus one ov dem snide 'Umies wot gots ta impose dere superiority on everyfin.
I's dun like dat kind ov 'Umie; meanin yer 'ead wud luk gud on a pointy stik.
Yer hidin' wiv one ov dem shadowy fings as yer piktcha too; I's startin ta fink yer jus run away wen me Choppa be knockin.