Background Image

A True 40K Gaming Experience: ARMA III - 40k Mod

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Kaptin_Pokkets, Aug 16, 2017.

1. REMEMBA DIS FRUM SOMEWHERE ORK PLAYERS? MADE IT IN 30 MINUTES, CURRENTLY BEIN IMPLEMENTED. WE ARE TINKIN OF MAKING A TEXTURE DAT HAS A "SOON IZ NOW" SCRIBBLED ON DA CASING.

HddtBOT (1).png
  2. MEGANOB MADNESS TheMadnesss Arkhona Vanguard

Kaptin_Pokkets likes this.
  3. Sounds good. So, tell me.....Spess Muhreens will be denied Bolters to troll them? Would be funny.

Quick back story: The Space Marines munitions reserve was accidentally deep striked into Ork held territory by Captain Indrick Boreale of the Blood Ravens during a demonstration of the tactical manoeuvre Steel Rain. *How he got here? Don't ask.....*

4. Necromancer Rivindesh Subordinate

Looks snazzy, will definitely dust off Arma 3 for this.

Few Questions

There any melee?
    Any Gretchen or squigs?
    Warp fuckery?
  5. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

1)Melee being implemented. Requires custom animations and scripting, difficult to do but currently in progress. Basic melee attacks are in for players. Biggest issue is a Charge script as ARMA likes its AI units to keep their distance. Fine for IG, not for Orks. This will take time but seems very high on the priority list.

2) Grots and Squigs are planned additions at this time, Bomb Squigs are definitely confirmed. Specifics as to the mechanics for the Grots are currently being worked out. Please keep in mind that in addition to the 3D models the mod makers must make custom skeletons and animations for these, so they will not be implemented in the first release of the Mod.

3) Warp fuckery is harder to implement into ARMA III than anything else, the mod makers are not sure yet how to make it work. It is highly desired but must be thoroughly worked out before implementation. Expect this in a later update once the details are worked out.
    Vaanes and Rivindesh like this.
  6. E-50_Panzer E-50_Panzer Well-Known Member

Melee is in a W.I.P. state. It 'sort of' works for the players, but the AI won't use it.

I can confirm there will be gretchin, once we get custom skeletons to work, of course. Squigs are a 'probably', although in what capacity would have to be determined.

Daemons are quite possible, but we haven't gotten there yet, and probably won't be there for awhile. Psychic powers might be clunky scripts the player can use. Maybe even the AI too.

Excellent thread, @Kaptin_Pokkets. To be honest I hardly thought this forum was still semi-alive.
  7. E-50_Panzer E-50_Panzer Well-Known Member

A little something

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Orkan likes this.
  8. Eat dem werds o yurs
  9. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

Not on yer life lad. Dis got proppa stuff fer us Orks. You stay 'ere believin' dat dem puttin' in a Workshop iz gonna help. I'z ain't dat daft (doh I do hope dey get sumfin good goin').
  10. Valrak sed dat 'E wos gonna play as Orks in da mod.....jus' how does a Marine Boy do dat?!

Still I look forward to it. No idea how it will play, apart from it being a shooter with vehicles as I never played Arma 3 itself.