Background Image

A True 40K Gaming Experience: ARMA III - 40k Mod

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Kaptin_Pokkets, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

Well there's a reason they picked ARMA III over Squad. From what I understand, games in ARMA III are more like tabletop. It's less forgiving and more realistic, with custom missions. I'm not familiar with Squad (though it looks quite nice) so I can't make too many comments on it, but that seems to be my understanding of it. Still, the Mod is a first true stab at large-scale 40k battles. And with ARMA III on sale for $13 until the end of Thursday, you can't really go wrong.
  2. gentelmen, da plasma cannon:

images.jpg
    Vaanes and Kaptin_Pokkets like this.
  3. just downloaded arma 3 , now awaiting your guys mod to be ready to waaaaggghhhh
    Kaptin_Pokkets likes this.
  4. BigShootah Gorgutz67000 Steam Early Access

Game Workshop will stole all your work when you'll have finished it, they will delete the mod cause you didnt pay them the liscence and then everythin will start from 0.

I don"t want to see this happen, and thats for sure, they will close the mod.

If you guys believe GW is a nice company that share his liscence you cant be more wrong.

But I give you my thumbs up !
  5. Maybe not so Big Shootah. Dis be jus' a mod by sum meks. Non-profit content.
  6. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

No profit content means mod is okay mate. There are plenty of 40k mods for lotsa games out there, GW hasn't said a thing about those. One of them was so good it was described as "what Dawn of War III should have been" and has a huge following. So no worries mate, unless they start asking for money it's all good.
  7. BigShootah Gorgutz67000 Steam Early Access

I'll keep an eye on it ! Hope's ya tha best. If GW dont come greedy when this mod will begin to be attractive.
  8. NurgleBurger NurgleBurger Steam Early Access

This looks boss! Will absolutely be buying Arma for this!

One thing I'd say it might be worth noting somewhere on the mods title is that it is unofficial. GW can be extremely anal with things so it is best to follow policy as much as possible. Making it clear it is unofficial and not endorsed by GW could make a difference if GW start noticing this, which with how awesome it is looking already they almost certainly will.
  9. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

GW ought to learn that the only people capable of making a good 40k game are actual fans/players
    NurgleBurger likes this.