Background Image

A True 40K Gaming Experience: ARMA III - 40k Mod

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Kaptin_Pokkets, Aug 16, 2017.

1. What about Renegade Guard to have both Chaos and a change of pace from Marines?

Or Genestealer Cults?

Both would allow you to simultaneously reuse assets, cover lesser used factions and have room to be made unique. For example, Genestealers use Leman Russes but also have those Rock Grinder vehicles, mining tools made into weapons and if course Genestealers.
  2. WE ARE ALLREADY DOIN RENEGADES, DEY IZ GUNNA BE BASED OF DA VRAKKS MILITIA FRUM FORGEWURLD, NOT SURE ABOUT GENNIESTEALA HYBRIDS DOE, I'LL PUT THE IDEA TO DA REST OV DA LADZ.
    Kaptin_Pokkets and The_Dokta like this.
  3. Huh... looks derpy, but given that this is actually just a mod, it's not bad at all!

Just curios, how are mods treated by GW?
    I mean, you take one game and slapp 40K stuff in it that other dev's need to pay a lot of money for, and nobody prevents the unicorn-bolter to happen too...
  4. Cool. When you bring it up be sure to mention they have things like Power Picks, Siesmic Cannons and...
    [​IMG]
  5. Generally Copywrite violations require profit.
  6. Orkan and Bugz like this.
  7. see, the trick is we dont get paid for this mod, we are making all this stuff for SHITS'N'GIGGLES. imagine what EC would have been like if they had nutted up and released it for steam workshop.

oh well, we'll just make our own Eternal Crusade, with blackjack, and hookers.
  8. Sceviour Sceviour Arkhona Vanguard

Im going to laugh if a friggin volunteer modder team turns out to be better than a million dollar gaming company in making a playable WH40k game
    BERSERK-FURY, DaHatebringa and Vaanes like this.
  9. Hm, makes sense...
    But what about Donations or Patreon Support and stuff like that? Does that count as profit?
    And what if a lot of 40k Guys suddenly buy Arma III and that company makes a lot of profit, GW could become a little upset ^^

But really, i have no clue about those things, so i am really happy for information