Background Image

A thought for the Autarch

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by The-Forge-Dragon, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

So we're expecting the Autarch to have double banners or something as its special mechanics. A lot are annoyed that it has no wings or stealth or anything.

So why not give the Autarch the unique ability in that you can customise its loadout?

Wings and stealth could both share the same wargear slot, negating the ability to fly and stealth at the same time.

The second slot could be banshee mask and (maybe one day) mandiblasters.

Thoughts?
    Iyan, Dragonkindred and Sily like this.
  2. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Regardless of what I think of the idea, its unrealistic. They have already decided to make Elites static, they wont make an exception and, if they did it for the Autarch, it would be expected for other classes as well.
    However I really hope its something more unique than just double banners, the idea of a 'leader'-class has me very excited and this has been in the works long enough for them to have come up with something creative.
    What we would need is not flight or stealth tho, what we would need is the ability to hold and reinforce a front line or lead a charge.

For now I am going to wait what they came up with and if its not what I imagined, just gonna make my own hero.
    Sily and Katitof like this.
  3. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

That being said, Nathan DID mention in the past possibiliy of "current elites with alternative loudouts" with ranged possessed being an example(yeah, however would that work, derp).

Now, what was promised and what they are able to deliver are 2 different worlds.
    Sily likes this.
  4. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

I'm completely aware how unlikely this might be, but the point was to find a way to give the autarch the things people want them to have while limiting things so we dont get Autarchs with wings and shurken cannons. A customizable elite would be the best way to do that rather than having half a dozen loadout locked elites.
    Sily likes this.
  5. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

My prediction for the "finished" autarch is the following:

Red reskinned warlock with a reskinned swooping hawk helmet and 100% of the animations of the warlock class. Stats will be along the line of a Scorpion Vet with max survivability gear +100 additional armor (no extra toughness for eldar though). As exspected the Weapons will be "sword and gun": it will have a (maybe MC) chainsword without mods and an fusion"pistol" gun aesthetically modified to be a 1 handed "long" weapon with the stats of the fusiongun of the firedragon or the old prenerf fusionpistol.
    The doublebanners will probably be the ranged dps and melee dps banner and will be elite exclusive and won't be available via advancementpoints. Since the autarch is meleefocussed and eldar are all about mobility it might have 3-4 stamina. Additionally it will probably get a healthpack and double grenades ontop to make the loadout seem worthwhile.

The glorious buff only applies when the autarch is squadleader.
  6. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

Noah also said that the Possessed would get a cosmetic overhaul and an aura and maybe something for the Advancement tree. Six months later thats all but a pipedream by now.
    Sily and Leonidus like this.
  7. Saeritan Saeritan Arkhona Vanguard

How old we talking? Can we go reeeeally old? Like, first patch with the fusion pistol old?
  8. Krayt Krayt Preacher

How to not balance thegame :
    Take autarch , give wings and tempest =profit
  9. Varakor Varakor Steam Early Access

Personally, I'd just like to see the Autarch as a Swooping Hawk with more health, some pistol, and a Power Sword or Chainsword instead of a rifle, like Kayleth from DoW2. Not the craziest idea, but I doubt it'll happen anyway.
    Sily likes this.
  10. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

The point was that certain choices would lock out other weapons or mechanics. Hence, no wings and dark reaper weapons. Maybe stealth though. As orks learned the bigger the target the worse cloaking is.