Background Image

A simple note on fighting Eldar

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by The-Forge-Dragon, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Active Member

Adding to that: watch above, some bird will fly by dropping some haywire nades to stop in your tracks.
  2. Dorfus Dorfus Steam Early Access

hmm, disappointing, angry-marine, I thought you'd at least scream at me for a good 2 paragraphs and call me multiple times "pansy eldar faggot". are you a spy or something?
  3. ANGRY MARINE ANGRY-MARINE Well-Known Member

I'm not here for your amusement, fuck-face.
  4. Furst Blut Ne-Plus-Ultra Steam Early Access

You know what's retarded? When you try hard to look for good hidden parking space and after you get out one of your retarded squad mates drives it out in the open, undefended, and being fired upon. Like there's even a tank and he just leaves it there. Also those fucking 1-man squad rhino spawns.
    Firskon, 0strum and The-Forge-Dragon like this.
  5. Saphirone Water_Snake Steam Early Access

That's totally cannon now.

Likewise, no need for a huge scream filled with insults to roast peoples.

Everything has been said, against eldars, protecting transports is a must and a total rework of the strategy must take place. There is reasons eldars got excessive troubles in guilds war, and protection of the transports is a thing. Enhancing why while lone AV fighters are deadly, squads dedicated to AV hunt with members dedicated to protect the AVs can be really unstoppable at burning vehicules as killing the AV need to first take down it's bodyguards that can always finish the job if he die during it.
  6. Auzor Auzor Menial

I happen to like shooting plasma guns in non-big-slow-blob shots.
    Although I do go 'click-click-click' "semi-auto" I suppose when doing that; gotta actually get hits after all to kill things.

okidoki, not the starswarm mode.. 80 dmg per floppy missile, impossible to get a remotely decent RoF, grmbl.. but I'm not salty.
    Charged up Starshot for AI: This works, but like a lascannon is mostly effective vs stationary people imo.

And lascannoning & actually -killing- someone from mid-range is imo easier. Just don't scope in and charge that thing up as much as possible. Bzapp.
    Sure, poor AI weapon, farmer of the clueless, but.. so is the reaper launcher.
    Reaper Launcher advantage is charging up from behind cover; and when above stuff deliberately hitting the ground; say shooting into a doorway etc.

Predator & sponsons: to be honest, I often don't see predators, and when I do, I'm not always a reaper with the launcher to try this stuff out; I may have already switched to fire dragon to go make deployed rhino flambé.
    I remain fully under the impression that Predator is significantly tougher than the Eldar tanks.
  7. Dorfus Dorfus Steam Early Access

the fact that you keep insulting proves otherwise, however.
  8. We'd normally have 2 to 3 guys guarding guild transport when I used to play vs Eldar. It's still nearly impossible to stop a single fire dragon from running around the vehicle, instantly plopping meltabombs out their ass as they run around using the vehicle as cover, suicide bombing the vehicle. "Get gud" you say? Get fucked I say. The shit is broken OP.

When I run a FD and drive up in my Wave Serpent to destroy your transport you and your buddy will not stop me 9/10 times. That's not right.
  9. ANGRY MARINE ANGRY-MARINE Well-Known Member

Keep? I insulted you once.

In fact, I'm pretty sure this is the first thread where I've ever had to quote you on these forums.
  10. Dorfus Dorfus Steam Early Access

not really I remember you quoting me some times in the past, it's just that I went on a hiatus from EC in general as well as this saltmine of a forum for like two months so most people forgot about me. I made one of the most viewed posts in the eldar forum, one where I ranted about why the fuck did the devs even add the eldar if they didn't give a shit about them and it ended up turning into some kind of battle call or some shit.

((a RP phrase should go where this parenthesis is at but I'd rather not risk heating up stuff accidentally so I'll just leave this here instead))
    Firskon likes this.