Background Image

A simple note on fighting Eldar

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by The-Forge-Dragon, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

If you're fighting Eldar, don't use the rhinos like you would against every other race at the start of the match. Pile in, even if it's not your squad rhino and drive to a point. One person must stay in the vehicle to keep it moving as people deploy from it. Otherwise FIRE DRAGONS WILL FUCK YOU AND YOUR TEAM SIDEWAYS FOR HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES ANOTHER RHINO TO SPAWN! Capture a point and you can start winging it from there.

Remember, transports are the keys to victory. Fire dragons are the bane of their existence.
    GBloodfang, Forj, AuKitsune and 6 others like this.
  2. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

Especially when attacking Blackbolt... *runs away while holding back vomit*
  3. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Vae and Firskon like this.
  4. BaronXIII Arkhona Vanguard

They're edible?! I knew I shouldn't have incinirated those sweets that Eldar girl made for me! Damn inquisition said they would give me cooties. I tried to tell them even Big G even had an Eldar waifu now, but they didn't listen.
  5. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

See?
    That's what happens when vox comms malfunction.
    Inquisition said they would give you cookies, but interference made it sound like cooties.
    Come on, its Eldar after all, we un-killed Rawboat Girlyman for you after checking the method on Eldar prince first!
  6. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

I hate Blackbolt. Despise it. It's the worst of all the maps.
  7. Kulminax Recruit

If you don't have dedicated vehicle support against Eldar there's very little you can do beyond keep driving in a circle. =)

VS Eldar I would always have a predator follow it everywhere it goes with at least 1 dedicated gunner. One reason as to why Eldar win the majority of matches are that they place a much higher value on destroying vehicles (byproduct of negligible risk vs reward for fire warriors getting AV XP) and protecting their own (they drive them around for road kill more often than other factions).

EDIT: I think a lot of the balance issues become moot when using actual military tactics. Those vehicles are very important assets which also happen to be slow, and easily targeted. Have to move them up with support and weight of fire.

EDIT 2: Adding a slight suppressive element to all projectiles, then giving assault classes the ability break said suppression would be an interesting way to balance them.
    ArchKnightHough and Zaxie like this.
  8. Zaxie Zaxie Arkhona Vanguard

I dont know how much more I can stress this as someone who plays each faction. The success I have as a FD is practically equaled by my tankbusta build on orcs and melta builds as LSM and Chaos.

I wish you luck trying to get the new players, pugs, and narrow sighted people to understand this concept, God knows I tried.
    Forj likes this.
  9. BaronXIII Arkhona Vanguard

So just want to point out, that proper support for vehicles is obviously the correct answer, but it has some major flaws. First, the matches are usually not filled enough to have 4-5 people or more out of the match to watch the vehicles, at least usually. To be fair, that's somewhat mitigated by the fact that they enemy team don't have enough manpower either. Second, vehicles are basically EXP pinatas waiting to be broken. They're way way too weak, especially considering they actually have spawn limits. Three, a proper and slow tactical advance of both vehicles and soldiers is impossible due to map timers. Every match is more a rush against time than against the actual enemy. If we, as players, performed proper slow advances with vehicles (and all the strategies like go with it like encirclement and such), we'd run out of time WAY before we got halfway.

So, the FD is fine in the current state of balance. If they could fix Eldar lawn mowering, buff their tank health, and perhaps play with the idea of a single Meltabomb on their FD but put it on reasonably quick cooldown, then that'd be pretty cool

As for vehicles, they need to have a serious talk about exactly what role they want vehicles to fill. Right now vehicles are more of an afterthought than an actual fully implemented asset. If they stated their 100% intent for vehicles, then we could start discussing it more fully.
    Forj and ArchKnightHough like this.