Background Image

A new hope ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Krayt, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Necromancer Rivindesh Subordinate

If its total modding, editing values, it will bring life. If its purely cosmetic, its simply swapping out an old IV bag.

In the event that its the former we should have a centralized mod where the population will play, while adding work from others to the mod as the community sees fit.

In any case, we shall see.
    Xeltan and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  2. dont get to overhyped about workshop

noah said that the com will be able to make things.. but only a selection of this will be brought to GW for aproval

so that means cosmetic only i guess?
    Xeltan, Vaanes and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  3. Krayt Krayt Preacher

If at least we can have decent armor cosmetics/weapon cosmetics its already cool (still waiting for my black templar)
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  4. MacBeth MacBeth Well-Known Member

Why would you ever want to be the lite beer equivalent of a Dark Angel? :p
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  5. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Because i want to be like njord and thraxus and rush into melee screeming at my screen
  6. maximum what we will get - rainbow bolters... i dont really need any cosmetics, give me 300vs300!!
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  7. Krayt Krayt Preacher

The servers would implode
  8. Razmirth Sneaky-krumpin Subordinate

9. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Well, I might have to buy a full version of ADMaya.

You know, what bothers me tho?
    These Forums have been going on for the last 10 millenia about how 'the community' would save the game if only they let us.
    All well and good, but 'the community' is here right now and could be working on saving the game, but most of them dont.
    If simply 'stop bitchin and play' is too much to ask, how is anyone supposed to take you seriously if you claim you'd sit down for dozens of hours and create high-quality, professional-grade content for free?

Dont get me wrong, I very much believe the community has the power to save EC. I just dont understand why, if they really wanted to do so, they dont start right now.
    Pinning all your hope on the workshop is foolish, the workshop will mirror exactly the level of commitment that already exists, it will be a tool for those, who really want to do their part.
    But I have a feeling many of you will pay as much attention to the workshop as you do to the game now and just kinda hope that someone else is willing to put in the work, be it devs or players.
    Just like your stereotypical LSM-player, who just kinda hopes, someone else will do AV, but expects to win the match.
    LOBOTRONUS and AndrVP like this.