Background Image

A fresh coat of wax

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The-Forge-Dragon, May 10, 2017.

?

Do you like the new shading and post-processing look on Olipsis and Maggon?

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. Yes, but only on Maggon.

4. Yes, but only on Olipsis.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Saphirone Water_Snake Steam Early Access

A bit too... polished.
    Space marines are supposed to worn out, crude with paint going off under the scars of the battle, we already got a very clean armor so I'm not at all for this kind of effect. In fact, I'm not for it at all on any faction, except the iron warriors.
  2. In TT terms or miniature speak, whatever is happening it's causing an extreme "gloss" finish on what should be a "flat" or dull coat of paint on our characters. While the lighting effects for the map itself might be fine, we just need to be rid of that "gloss" finish on our characters.

Perhaps it's something to do with all character textures and NOT environmental/ambient lighting? Is the same thing happening to vehicles that actually having matching paint(paint matches character armour). That would be most Chapter vehicles except for Iron Warriors since their vehicles are painted a flat grey primer that looks nothing like their armour.
  3. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

It is happening to vehicles, it's just harder to notice since the vehicles stay in the sun. It may also interest you to know Noah is doing something about the grey IW vehicles right now.

This change came about when noah tried to make the post processing and lighting values closer to the garrison's, thanks to chapter master valrak desiring better screenshots on other maps. Personally I thought it was fine beforehand.
  4. Chuffy Chuffster Deacon

As someone who has spilt EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE PAINTS in the general direction of his miniatures, I welcome any change that more closely matches my tabletop model painting skills.

Really, if I could paint my figures anywhere near as good as what they look like in game I'd be very happy.
  5. PurpleHaze PrplHze Steam Early Access

yeah cause screenshots are important -.-..yeah this looks like when i was using gloss testers to paint everything. What i done when i painted as a 8 year old. The fact that its only in the shadows is backwards, and in the light your matte again. This is getting Rickdicklus people. I mean,..not like its just gloss on what might could be gloss, everything becomes shiney,..
  6. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

I thought that said extremely expensive pants...

You wanted vehicles.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Chuffster likes this.
  7. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

8. Sure... yeah... due to the variety in coloration...:EldarScorpion:
  9. Chuffy Chuffster Deacon

Well my painting skills are pants. My Skaven Bloodbowl team look like they've been dipped in a bowl of thick chocolate.
  10. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

Well ratmen....sewers.... =/