Background Image

A Discord for all EC community ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Troma, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Yeah, one of the things which makes me question why we need it, because it DOES need to be installed to use effectively. :) Regardless, if improved, it could be super effective.
  2. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

FYI Teamspeak also has chat. And is less cluttered with unneeded things...
    And better quality of sound than any other voice chat program (I'm looking at you, Skype and your UTTERLY HORRIBLE quality).
    And why is it hard for people to install something if it will be stable forever without the need of restarting and is simpler to use. People theese days seem too lazy to click a few buttons :S

It's no joke that Teamspeak has more features and more options and it has better quality because I tried discord, they made some bold promises and if they manage to deliver the "EVERYTHING IS FREE" promise then... well then that is some wierd company decisions but there will surely be a catch to the "FREE!" thing.
  3. I am glad I am not completely crazy. :D

@Demetri_Dominov
    Demetri_Dominov likes this.
  4. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

We also found during the last EGN there's no way to organize the channels into squads so that squad leaders could report to higher ups or not get drowned by their own squad's chatter. Pretty basic functions for an organized party system discord has miserably failed to implement.

It is however, by far and away better at being a causal hangout spot.
  5. You mean like IRC? :p Or Steam Chat, which we all have to have to play the game.
  6. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

Discord is essentially a stop gap between steam groups (which nobody is on anyway), and a faction / all faction in game hub. The forum is a pretty good sister to Discord, expect way more Eldar are using Discord than the Eldar forums atm.

I mean really, if you wanted to stamp out discord, either wait for in game hubs, or hope we get some sort of chatroom within the forums themselves.
  7. I know. I do not think it is 100% useless, but its not 100% useful either.
  8. Elifas Elifas Curator

well,already done in chaos.
  9. Cabal Trainee CabalTrainee Arkhona Vanguard

That was march. The general dischord has uncountable members in comparison to the eye of terror server.
    Kryeed likes this.
  10. Elifas Elifas Curator

sure thing,all factions