Background Image

A content thread including video debauchery.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xMeXiCaNMeTHeDx, May 18, 2018.

1. PurpleHaze PrplHze Steam Early Access

Its the same circle all over again,... Trust us on this. Melee is great in a point room, being that guy thats holding the run-around spots. But in the long run,..if you want to branch out, your gonna need another class untill it becomes a good time to run melee again. Going all out melee all game, means that your looking for your kill zones, not creating them. Just my logic on the point right now.
  2. But by your definition better means exploiting broken mechanics, and that is stupid. I mean, who want a game where all you have is players rolling around with bolters and stalker bolters shooting at grenades (nade trick is not an exploit, it is still not a great mechanic), and ADADing all over the place?
    ruititadiogo and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  3. Krayt Krayt Preacher

You are new to shooters , your mind has to change not ours , ADAD isnt an exploit/broken mechanic its in Every fucking shooters
    Every shooter player wants mechanics so they can actually compete against each other and not just play your casual shitty COD game with 0 mechanics or as Rheeva said :

4. ADAD isn't too bad, I use it a little on the rare occasion I put down my Power Maul and pick up a bolter. It does feel cheep and meh against players who are fairly new to the game.
    Rollex, exploit or mechanic, is still stupid and ruins games for anyone who does not need to use it to feel good about themselves. I have no need for it to enjoy the game. I tried it, I hated it. It is so unsatisfying and so stupid. It just feels wrong, like it shouldn't exist... oh wait; it shouldn't.
    I can about 2/3 of the way keep up with an enemy rollexer/exploiter playing to my strengths (melee and defending HTL maps with plasma- although brain dead LSM do cause unfortunate accidents involving standing in front of heavies) in terms of kills on most maps, they're just unnecessary.
    I have no problem with using them against guild stacks, solo or gvg, and I do use rollex there (although I'm very rusty with it as I rarely use it), I do nade trick there (not exploit, but I don't like it). That's because the enemy team is in the mindset of super competitive gamers, this stuff should stay there, where it belongs, against veteran players who use and like those mechanics.

At the end of the day, all exploiting/abusing mechanics/being good (too 'good') at the game, or whatever you want to call it ruins the fun for new players, or casual players who just want a bit of fun. If they have that sort of first impression, it's no wonder our player base is so small...
    ruititadiogo likes this.
  5. Krayt Krayt Preacher

As always the problem is lack of mmr/population not some stupid "exploits" , mechanics dont drive player away , getting compeltelly dunked by the ennemy team composed of only veteran does , stop thinking that its the game's mechanics that drive people away its just dumb
  6. It's not the mechanics, no. It's people abusing those mechanics (basically veteran players)
    ruititadiogo likes this.
  7. Leroy Twizzlers DemonKingBAAL Steam Early Access

It's almost like every game ever. The vets shit on the newbies. That has never changed, won't change, and if people expect to come into a game without much or any prior experience and play well and have fun in a multiplayer environment, they're fucking retarded.
    Data8671 likes this.
  8. And this is why casual players like myself should never come in contact with veteran/'skilled' players like you. Vets destroy casuals, and it's just not fun.
    ruititadiogo likes this.
  9. Viking Vking Arkhona Vanguard

And there is nothing we can do about that in EC. I´m more of a casual player myself. Been playing since alpha but I´m not playing that much. Still I dont complain every single time a better player killed me. I try to improve, or shrug it off.

Adapt or die.
  10. 1. Where were you? In the first vid, your faction started the game defending. Why were you not with your squad in a building, defending your HS or the point?

2. Why are you starting CC when you're 3 ft from the opponent?

3. I'm not a fan of the slower power axe and maul. I prefer to be faster than my melee opponent. Again, you're leaving yourself open for an attack while waiting for the axe to arc.

4. There's no advantage in running headlong into a HB. Flank or get behind them.

5. If you're downed, don't crawl. Bleed out if there's no one around, or you're just giving xp to your opponent.
    You can see from your video, not one Apothecary helped or healed another marine. The one guy who did try to help you, got mowed down as well.

6. Why did you trade out your shield for a power fist? You should have a PF/JPA build ready to go, for hunting vehicles on the fly.

7. You did far better as your Berzerker. You had me going crazy, when you weren't finishing your kills. You should've jumped off that bridge, and smashed that wolf pup.