Background Image

A better gaming experience: Arkhona Prime Time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dekra, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Dekra Dekra Recruit

Greetings to all the members of the EC community.I'm Dekra, current second in command of the guild ELWP (successors of EDA) and total 40k fan. I started playing Eternal Crusade 8 months ago and despite its flaws, I dont regret a single second of the 600 plus hours I've poured into it. I like many others believe in the potential this game has, and therefore I will be playing it until the very end. Now with that said, during the past months, we've seen a progressive increase in queue times and the general quality of gameplay has had a severe drop-off, 20 plus min queues while playing with a war party, pub stomping, salty players, etc; are some of the main reasons most players have a hard time enjoying the game. We as players may not be able to make the game better by actually going in and creating content and fixing bugs, but what we can do is make the current gaming experience more enjoyable. How can we do this you may ask? Well, last week I was casually talking with ViaVirtus in the EC community discord and the topic of guild coordination came up, wouldn't it be incredibly beneficial if we could get all the guilds, the lifeblood of EC, to actually play together at the same time? And that's what I've decided to do. With help from Via and other notable members of the community, we've managed to take the first steps towards making this a reality. All the major and active guilds in EC have been gathered together into a Joint Guild Council to arrange a coordinated play schedule for war parties of all factions and to promote both cooperation and dialogue in the community. This Saturday will be the first test run of this project, from 2 pm EST to 7 pm EST there will be near constant war parties running for LSM, CSM, Eldar, and Orks at the very end. By doing this we hope to achieve:
    a) Much faster queue times for war parties
    b) Avoid pub stomping by having guilds pitted against each other in mini GvGs
    c) Make matches more challenging and enjoyable for both guilds and solo players.
    So if you want to experience EC as it is intended to be, then hop on during these hours and see what you find. If you're a solo player, you will most likely end up tagging along in these mini GvGs, so if you want in on the action then don't hesitate to apply to join whichever guild you think you like. We will keep everyone updated on future plans for other events and developments within the council. Now ready your bolters, Rev up your chain axes, don your finest warplate and get your WAAAGHHH on!! Carnage and glory await!
  2. Commanda Ivik Jimmy_Neutron Steam Early Access

VI Approves and will help out, our discord is open to the EC community. Come play with or against us. We will laugh and drink and die.
  3. -WCA-Vola Talron Confessor

This has the full support of WCA. We look forward to helping this along. If you ladz want to join us Saturday keep your eyes open on the EC community Discord.
  4. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

I will be so free to quote(and summon) @Orkan here:
    This is the right approach. The fate of the game depends more (and always has) on the community than the devs.
    Orkan likes this.
  5. Deathwish Deathwish Well-Known Member

Good luck on your endeavor but the way I see this turning out is a rotation of premades vs pugs. A good way to piss off as many new players in the shortest amount of time possible. The only way to reliably get GvG matches outside of EB's is if the devs change queueing priority to place warparties above solo queue and like I said earlier; good luck.
    Firskon and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  6. Isn't there already a Discord thats been set up for this? @Orkan knows the address, fire him a PM, as I am only a lowly Warseer and Pathfinder within MYST I havent been invited.
  7. CoLINn CoLINn Recruit

Good shit Dekra. You already know Bro will be there.
  8. Leroy Twizzlers DemonKingBAAL Steam Early Access

Hope this goes well. I'll be solo queueing looking for all the warparties :>.
  9. This Saturday from 2 pm EST to 7 pm EST: Watch Leeroy beat up warparties.
  10. LOBOTRONUS LOBOTRONUS Arch-Cardinal

[​IMG]