Background Image

7th Edition: What Did You Lose, And What Did You Gain?

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by Wolf_Lord_Blackfur, May 30, 2014.

1. To many of you knowing 7th edition came out recently and I on Wednesday the FAQ's came up.

My army is the Space Wolves and from the FAQ's stand point...We lost our Psychic powers, and our Runic weapons lost there 24' bubble to nullify enemy powers. But in a way we kind of gained, our deny the witch abilities are still good we can deny on a 4+ for regular rune priests and Njal can still deny on a 3+.

So what have you lot lost or gained in the new edition?
  2. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

Well I basically lost all my saves for my entire army. Because jink.
    On the other hand, I can now use it in first turn if I am going second or (which happens way too often for me!) I get seized.

But still... my ravagers now have pilots who are flying like nervously wrecked maniacs who can't fire if they have to start dodging things, venoms are nerfed big time, and flickerfields are now mandatory.

Best thing about the new jink is for reavers and cluster caltrops and grav-talons, because bladevanes are now a much more viable option instead of heavy weaponry.

Other than that, a Phantasm Grenade Launcher is something that can be very interesting since I can now blind people with it.
  3. I lost the ability to field imperial guard artillery for my Iron Warriors :(
    WHY CANT I HAVE SIEGE EQUIPMENT ;_;
    Warsmith Matt likes this.
  4. Gained: The ability to win through cheap unit spamming and win thanks to having a bigger wallet than actual tactics.

Lost: Dignity. Also being further hamstrung thanks to having absolutely no psychic defences of any kind.
  5. Gazzadus Gazzadus Subordinate

You mean 6th ed?

anyways imperial guard vendetta spam have gotten a little bit more expensive. :(
  6. Murtag Murtag Cipher

Where can we find all the rule changes?
  7. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

Read the whole book again. ;)

But yeah, everyone just gets the big changes first, but every time something slips past and it takes years before anyone figures out it changed

EDIT: Also, one another thing I lost in 7th edition was nightfighting. When I first read that now it is only rolled for if one player wants it, I thought it wouldn't have gotten a nerf to the game-affecting rules themselves, but no...
  8. Murtag Murtag Cipher

I mean is there a place to view all the rule changes without dropping a ton of money for a new book
  9. The 40k community on Google plus can help you out, just ask and they will answer.
  10. MrRcNw MrRcNw Subordinate

Lost rending and pinning on my rangers no more permanently pinned armies:(