Background Image

5v5 Tournament

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, Jun 12, 2018.

1. ZeGit ZeGit Preacher

Yes everyone will have their space keys blocked by jbregg himself before the match starts. He will travel to every players house and use the Official bH Anti-Exploit Duct Tape.

How do you want to "disable" rollexing? Rollexing and ADAD are both tied to moving mechanics so it's kinda hard to get rid of them.
    BrotherDamnatus and CuCulainn like this.
  2. jbregg jbregg Dev QA

I mean everyone said this about the 1v1 tournament and Bro ended up taking it.

Relic packs will be given out throughout the tournament, and depending on the success of this one there will be more to come. There will be more chances to get a fancy prize :).
    BrotherDamnatus, ZeGit and CuCulainn like this.
  3. -WCA-Vola Talron Moderator

Im actually going to try and poke WCA awake again for this. I wanna give some of the boyos a good fight out there. If we do join it'll be as LSM.
    CuCulainn, Dekra and jbregg like this.
  4. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

no thank you, i don't want to teleport or fight with players that have 15- 70 ping

fix the game do some maintenance and maybe i will join
    Data8671 likes this.
  5. How to get rid of Rolex:
    Step one: admit it's an exploit
    Step two: start banning people for exploits
    Step three: a game without Rolex would be a lot more new player friendly so they stick around (not the only new player issue, it's one of many). Therefore profit?
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  6. Fair play to them, but my bet is on someone who:
    Has a good connection
    Has a good gaming pc
    Uses Rolex (which in hyper competitive stuff is ok, but if it was more open to the general player base, I think it'd have to be disallowed to give them a fighting chance. Tbf my previous salt was kind of uncalled for in this context, as a competition)
    Uses some variation of a bolter loadout
    Is probably from a strong guild
  7. Dekra Dekra Member

You do realize that rollex is rolling when you're crouched right? So if anyone presses spacebar while crouched will be exploiting, this can be done even by accident very easily. Will you ban everyone who presses two keys in order?
  8. jbregg jbregg Dev QA

This isn't a thread about exploits tho, so stay on topic.
  9. Dekra Dekra Member

Apologies
    Srry about that. Apologies.
    Data8671 likes this.
  10. I accidentally do it sometimes, but I don't do it from running, or intentionally (except when waiting on next point of a HTL map I might practice it a bit to make sure I can still technically do it if I wanted to)

No I wouldn't ban everyone who does it, only those abusing/exploiting it
    Running --> rollex is abusing it
    If you're crouched behind cover and roll, that ain't abusing it as such
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.