Background Image

5v5 Tournament

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Mr. Blakwolf Caspera Drill Abbott

Good game to the BLOP boys. :)
    Armgarion, Elector and CuCulainn like this.
  2. Smorcest Elector Eternal Battles Moderator

Here's our side of the final 5v5 match! Good game
    Rathael, Fiendly, Durash and 4 others like this.
  3. Who won?
  4. Armgarion Armgarion Confessor

BLOP by +18 points (It says +14, but you don't lose points until you respawn and the SPACE MARINES WIN screen removes the point indicator)
    Dovydas likes this.
  5. Rathael Rathael Arkhona Vanguard

Not gonna lie that was actually quite fun to watch and got me a bit excited.

I feel like that could be the start of something, but I think we need more work before it actually attracts more players:
    1. An automated matchmaking system and clan system so it's easy to make a quick team of 5 and jump into competitive matches like this.
    2. Possibly objective-based matches as well as pure deathmatch.
    3. I feel like an interesting elite/veteran spawning system could still really go down well here, especially if tied in to a maps objectives.
    It's an interesting point to make that you guys play as all veterans. It kinda shows that veteran needs to be the norm for survival rate for matches like this. Even as veterans the TTK is still fairly low per individual but it looked like it felt about right.

I don't recall seeing a sorcerer, though. That seems like an unusual choice. Also apothecaries seem incredibly powerful for matches like this, in particular with the healing 'nade.

also @jbregg

[​IMG]

Add a third panel of a guy pulling the mission by himself with his teeth with the caption "Hero" and that is basically your current contribution to EC.
    jbregg, JojoKasei and Data8671 like this.
  6. upload_2018-7-25_14-42-57.png

To be fair, also Pierrick, even though he mostly prefers to keep quiet in the background.
    Cyberjankie, jbregg and Rathael like this.
  7. jbregg jbregg Dev QA

Thanks for the love you guys:)