Background Image

50% off sale

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ghostborn, Nov 24, 2016.

1. As I and others said.
    2 months after launch isn't the right time for that.
    How many of those games have been released less than 3-4 months?
    Brother-Bardiel and Korel like this.
  2. Ecios Ecios Active Member

[​IMG]
    Sily likes this.
  3. I'm actually doing design.
    Good guess though.
    AddyRedrum likes this.
  4. Narfle Narfle Recruit

Design, pffft, if i wanted to design i wouldnt eventually rewrite everything from scratch 8 times.

On topic: Just wait until it goes f2p. Everyone knows what "50% off on a mixed-reviews-game" means. Doubt that will change anything. Playercount is extremely low already, its like you guys are blind to it.

http://steamcharts.com/app/375230
    "Average players" as of time of writing: 285

https://steamspy.com/app/375230#tab-audience
    Notice how the median is so much lower than the average. That basically indicates that a very few people are playing a helluva lot and the vast majority of active players plays very little.

What these two combined hint at is that a lot of people are on their way out and a very few people will remain.

A firesale shouldnt be unexpected to you guys. F2p is probably on the horizon.

Talking about how "wauw but terminators are coming and stuff like that!" is like telling a terminally ill patient that they will be upgraded to the deluxe bedroom in 8-10 months. At least this patient doesnt seem to realize that there wont be a patient by then.
    Brother-Bardiel, Thonius and Korel like this.
  5. DiscoJacen DiscoJacen Well-Known Member

Brace yourselves, a new wave of "entitled" Day one buyers salty about the people who got it at 50% telling them they have no reason to be salty because they're just "haters" or "should not buy day one because it's a gambit" is about to appear! ahah

View: https://youtu.be/o8ZnCT14nRc?t=1m6s
    Korel, AddyRedrum and Galen like this.
  6. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

You made a funny!
    I like funny people!
    I kill you last!

Publishers care very much about the games they publish, if developer is slacking with updates, its the publisher who kicks them in the nuts to make them work as regular game updates are kind of mandatory thing if you want to keep old players and attract new ones to leave the money in that game.
  7. No.
    Not really.
    Most publishers just want to make sure they get more then what they put in.
    The only reason they "kick them in the nuts" is because they dont want the product underselling.
    As long as they get enough money, it doesn't matter if the product sucks ass, or if its really good.
  8. Some keystores have it for 25€ since EA. If you still buy a game for 50€ and dont check keystores if you can get it cheaper you shouldnt complain.
  9. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 are 33-38% off, Dishonored 2 is 40% off, COD IF 38% off ...

I'd keep going but it's Black Friday. You can't even internet without getting discounts in the face :)
    XHopliteX, Sily, Xeltan and 8 others like this.
  10. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

That depends on weather the game is B2P or F2P.
    For the latter, publishers constantly push developer for updates, because that is what generates CCUs, playtime, shop exposure and revenues.

B2P games doesn't work on the same principle, but the moment you put cash shop inside one, it becomes instantly profitable to have as many users as possible who will do "alpha strike" with purchase of the game and later on might use in-game shop.

The model EC for example went for fully supports the need for publisher to shake them when they'll get stale.
    Sily likes this.