Background Image

50% off sale

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ghostborn, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

They could just put a FB post and single tweet about it, that alone would be nice marketing for no cost at all.
    DiscoJacen likes this.
  2. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

This is the annual Black Friday/Autumn Steam sale. Pretty much everyone is at a discount on Steam. There's 13,000 games on sale right now. If you aren't aware of the annual black friday sale on Steam, I suggest you head over now to fill up your computer for the holidays. I am.
    Sily, Haldur, Gazrick and 1 other person like this.
  3. Ecios Ecios Active Member

Big E sayz diz: just refund me fukin VAT dat Big E paid when was buying founderz pack and da crowdz are done with all diz mess!
    Sily likes this.
  4. I'm awaiting my $10 on a refund so I can get Outlast.

I think the 50% sale on EC is a bit early, honestly 20% would be enough, this much is kinda dick move to people who bought on launch.
  5. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Our social campaign starts Friday over the weekend since everyone is blasting out now.

Nobody does marketing paid marketing for the Black Friday sales on Steam as it just gets drowned within the other 13,000. Our marketing campaigns will be around major updates and the changes in packages.
    Sily and MungFuSensei like this.
  6. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

50% is actually the norm during Black Friday on Steam. This year big franchises are going up to 80%, even on games from this year.
    Sily, MungFuSensei and mikk34 like this.
  7. Fistikuffz da Harassa Lawro Well-Known Member

In essence I completely agree with you on the impact reviews have on a game's status. It would obviously have been better if there were more positive than negative reviews till now, and they shouldn't allow themselves more negative ones. The optimal move with a maximized outcome would be to finish the base game and then attract players.

But the population is almost gone AT THIS MOMENT. There's no time for optimal strategies and maximizing profit (both in terms of popularity and monetary gain). This right now is not a stable enough number of players for experiencing what the current iteration of the game should be, AT ALL. Reviews will kill the game in the long run, empty servers are threatening to kill it NOW.
    Short term goals first, then long term. Bringing in new players will result in more angry reviews but will breathe false life into the game until they reach a potential breakthrough (like stable campaign system, completed reward and inventory system, balance, model and animation polish, maps etc.) This is just my opinion, I get what you're saying. Btw I think you answered the current dilemma with your first sentence, the main problem right now is half empty games. They're trying to fix that. I speak for myself when I say, that is a most welcome move.
    Diabetus likes this.
  8. Ecios Ecios Active Member

Yo baby Big E don't like diz shit but Nathan seemz talkin' legit wodies! So listen dat jabronie and stop actin' like lil kidz dat complainin' all modafukin time! WohooooO!
  9. Generally publishers dont care about the games they publish.
    They put in some money in hopes to make a profit, that is it.
  10. Ecios Ecios Active Member

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!