Background Image

30k vs. 40k

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by Alexander99, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Alexander99 Steam Early Access

and as to the spoiler yes i remember something about that vaguely
  2. Pm713 Pm713 Subordinate

I think what happened is literally the worst case scenario.
  3. Alexander99 Steam Early Access

yeah i have to agree...what happened to him was the worst case
  4. If you wanna play 30k but can't afford it, anvil industry makes "Totally not" 30k style armour pieces to make 30k marines with. They just released a bunch of kits to make solar auxilia lookalikes too the other day
  5. Sariel Searva Ordinate

Their weapons are cool if you don't want to go with the bolter theme but with the Calth box you get 30 tact marines 5 Terminators 2 Characters and a Dreadnaught for $150.

Anvil Industries 5 man teams average about $30.
    6 x 30 = $180 and thats just for the tactical marines.

Remind me again how Anvil is cheaper?
  6. Just throwing out ideas.. But even then, there is still the 'guardsmen' from anvil
  7. The new HH Plastic kits are generally good value, arguably even better their normal 40K counterparts (well except maybe the Contemptor), and are really good value in the Betrayal At Calth game.

You can even pad them out with appropriate bits from the rest of the citadel range.
    And there are expansion kits from FW.
    You can buy parts off Bitz websites and places like ebay, you will pay a premium price but it is cheaper than buying a whole kit for a few model bits.

And if you have an IG army, you can pretty much use it as Imperial Militia.
    Plus, it looks like HH will be expanding to include Skitarii, Custodes, and Sisters Of Silence.
  8. Sariel Searva Ordinate

Didn't mean to seem like I was attacking you. In fact I love the anvil carbines and would love to use them in place of lasguns when I decide to do my Auxilia. GW just has a really bad rapport of people claiming they are soooo overpriced.
    Matsukovich likes this.
  9. If I do Seeker Squads, I'd use the Anvil Sniper Rifles!
    Matsukovich likes this.
  10. Nah you're all good man haha. I've bought lots of anvil stuff for my iron warriors and they look top notch, the detail is absolutely wonderful