Background Image

30k for a box is too much.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LucasDominus, Sep 28, 2016.

?

How much do you think tier 4 boxes should cost?

1. 20k

2. 25k

3. 30k is fine

4. more than 30k

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Well, i have a 5k average requisition gain per match, what i think is above average and with such gains i'd still need 6 matches to open a box, that's nearly 2 hours of gameplay, most people don't even have that much time to play in a day and i've got something like 6 "free" ours in my day to share between playing, watching stuff and having fun in general, meaning if all i did in my free time was play EC i'd be able to open at most 3 boxes a day, too fucking little if you ask me, right now boxes keep me playing because i know that in 2-3 games i'll be getting a new item and it's fun that way, 20k for top tier boxes would be a more ideal cost in my opinion.
  2. Look at it this way- after you've gone through all the lower boxes, by the time you get to 30k's all the cosmetic skins and scopes will be out of the way, such that every pull will be something wonderful and different. Maybe. We don't know what they put exclusively into the 30k boxes. But it'll probably be like that.
    LucasDominus likes this.
  3. I don't know, i'm almost finishing my 12Ks, but something tells me it won't be like you say, even so, i still think 30k is too much.
  4. Colapse Colapse Forum Beta Tester

You want a similar looking named weapon with maybe worthy upgrades? Then you gotta pay bro! PlayToPayToSnipe(with that one leldar weapon we won't name here so we don't get insta-gibbed by...lag?:))

My only wish is that they ramp up the cost to 40.000 so that only true playerz get to have the swag.
  5. MungFuSensei MungFuSensei Steam Early Access

The way the system is set up, you are meant to progress through the box tiers. By getting the lower tiers finished first, you remove the lower end items from the higher end boxes, as there are no duplicates. Thus, if you get all the 1k/5k/12k boxes, all that will be left in the 30k boxes are items likely worth 30k.

If you jump ahead and start with the 30k boxes right away, you significantly decrease their value.
  6. this just haves literally nothing to do with what i'm talking about, i'm not saying the 30k boxes aren't worth 30k, what i'm saying is once you reach the point where you're supposed to buy 30k boxes, you have to grind too much in between boxes.

TL;DR: Lower value boxes are exciting because you're getting something new all the time, even if it's not something so great, 30k boxes are boring because it takes you to long to get one and once you get one there's a big chance of being something lame
  7. MungFuSensei MungFuSensei Steam Early Access

This is standard for almost every MMO, though. Is your goal to grind boxes, or to play the game? Do you need what was in those 30k boxes to play? I think not, so once you get to that point, just play, and when you work up enough req to buy one, it's just icing on the cake.

This isn't "lootbox grinder 40k". If you choose to play it like that, that's on you. You should be fully functional with all classes after the 12k boxes.
  8. I must introduce you to a rather modern concept called psychology, psychology is the study of the human mind and behavior, and according to psychology what you're talking makes very little sense, rewards are "fun inducing" to the brain, by reducing the intervals at which you receive rewards you "reduce the fun" in playing, you may argue all you want but that's a truth, it's the same reason high scoring games like basketball are widely considered more enjoyable than low scoring ones like soccer, even though 10 points in basketball can be worth less than a single goal in soccer, in soccer you receive 2-3 "fun packages" per game while in basketball you can receive dozens.
  9. 'EadThwacka Im_a_Turtle Arkhona Vanguard

*Not an MMO.
    RAGE_GTX, Braken and LucasDominus like this.
  10. benty benty Active Member

low tier stuff shouldn't be in 30K boxes is the problem. That and that the duplicates are so bad, I've gotten the same damn penetration mod I don't know how many times now
    LucasDominus and Im_a_Turtle like this.