Background Image

23 games lost in a row.

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Kageshira, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

Haven't won an Eldar game in 3 weeks, I think my win rate on my LSM might actually be higher which is bizarre and I've lost the drive to play to win but I've only lost a handful of times on my Ork and even win when outnumbered sometimes, this games matchmaker is cruel indeed

Honestly I just recommend to mess about and farm and not play the game seriously, I find it makes the losses slightly bearable when you get high score and decent exp, It's why I seem to play Hawk, Power fist khorne berzerker and Tank busta more these days, all fun.

Taking some time from the game also seems to work, I've started playing a lot of Daggerfall and Mount and Blade warhammer fantasy lately since the game gets so lackluster, these forums are more entertaining
  2. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Pfft these forums are the game now..
    Since people can't play the actual game they come here to shoot insults and load up salt cannons instead.
    Remember the times people wanted to nerf moving coz hitting moving targets was " hard" ?

Ahh good times.
  3. Orfeask Orfeask Steam Early Access

>people still blame their loses to low lvl pugs

In most of my loses with my lsm alt there were at least 6 different guild tags in and at least half of the theam is lvl4-5s
  4. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

I did loose with the Eldar yesterday. It was one of those "take 3 nodes to win" stuff that had limited defender spawns.

Suddenly, when there were 20 seconds left, something capped our point. It may have been lag, but I had my double shuriken on it and no LSM got in 10 meter range on it.

Balance is shaky with all factions, and it is partly to blame, but bad LSM players are still the biggest problem.
  5. Fangz Fangz Confessor

If you didn't realize the LSM faction forum is full of those "we need to bring up our player level" threads.
    It's nothing new and certainly been extensively discussed before.
    So no LSM was never full of whiners calling other people OP; there is lot of them for sure but it's just kids who get a hard on whenever they see the word Bolter and can't lower their self-esteem to listen to vets talking sense.

I've been switching over to playing a lot of Orks and Eldar lately, and have been wrecked by LSM with uneven queues + inexperienced xenos players, so I really can't tell how you lost 23 games in a row.
  6. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

Odds are you should have won a game by accident or out numbered the enemy team for a free win with that amount of games..

Ever thought maybe the problem is you?Do you get all angry in chat and call your team retards distracting them?Do you try to lead your team when none seems to know what they are doing?
    I'm sorry I'm not calling you bad but there must be some major issue to lose that many in a row.lsm may have a large amounts of baddies but I've never experienced anything that bad.

Reminds me of those guys with 40% win rate in world of tanks.Always wondered how its even possible to get that few wins,then you watch how they play and talk in chat.I'd say I sucked at that game and I was still on 50% from the day I started to the day I stopped playing.
  7. Azzagtot Azzagtot Drill Abbott

Now go to Q&A last thread, find my post and like it.
  8. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

This is a very common misconception and the problem lies in the fact that you draw the wrong conclusions from those statements.
    The LSM pugger who joins faction X will not get miraculously better but he will most likely find a team which can carry him to victory. If you have 10 (other) bad puggers on the LSM team or just 3 (others) on any other faction it makes a huge difference outside of module/item balance, especially if the rest of the team actually communicates, coordinates and knows how to win a map.
    This will additionally have a positive psychological effect on the playerbehaviour of our exemplatory "bad pugger": If you join a decent team you enjoy the game more because victory is in your sight and you will try to adapt and mimic this positive attitude, while on the otherhand if you see others do silly stuff, you are most likely infected from that aswell and end up not taking it all too serious either because the game is lost already from moment X. You often see this in other games when people tilt "gg" after the first mistake and go full retard in minute 5.

Last but not least we also have to take into account that playing on the LSM pugs and just beeing medicore is often rewarded with decent/high scores. If you are playing the XP or killcount game alone while half your team sits idle on point A you will most likely top the scores suggesting to you that you are top notch or skilled. This hampers personal reflection and selfimprovement. If you play (irregardless of faction) in a decent team and end up with the same behaviour somewhere in the middle of the pack you will most likely rethink your playstyle and try to improve/learn new tricks. This does happen more frequently playing any faction outside of LSM tho.

Furthermore Veterans (unless they are one of the few total saltlords) tend to calm the aftergame lobbies. Their WP / GG cheers or actual counterarguments ("no, we lost cause we didnt take C") destroy any possible echochamber of "xy is OP" or other hillarious statements noobs/bad players tend to often fall prey to because they want to rationalize or explain their loss.
  9. The Entombed Thraxus First Blood!

Even though there are many and varied interweaving layers of complex factors involved to do with balance, mechanics, latency and skill, enough to give even Tzeentch a headache, in the end when I really look at it my gut instinct says it boils down to "git gud".

Often I sit there staring holes at the screen mostly on LSM than on any other faction just willing my team not to suck wondering why just cant do better.

It really does feel like the fanboy noob F2P attraction factor of LSM is a real and tangible thing.

Time to jump ship I think.

Saying that:
    Got Gud.jpg