Background Image

14 Questions

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Zael, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Krooza Nob Bozz KroozaNob Well-Known Member

Zog-the-actual-off.

You do know that eternal crusade is canon right? So every single event that happens on Arkhona needs to be first submitted to GW, which always takes plenty of time.

Just because you are tired of waiting for new content, doesn't mean there isn't anything going on in the background.

@Katzu_HSM is sweating blood to set this project up and running and providing his team with all the documents required to work.

If nothing was going on with the development team, he wouldn't have set up this whole operation in the first place.

Just sit and wait for what's coming, ya whimpering git.
  2. WHAT! ETERNAL CRUSADE IS CANON! SHIT WHY DIDN'T someone TELL ME... OH WAIT YOU DID! THANK YOU! WAIT, WHY ARE WE HAVING TO REARRANGE THE LORE OF THE GAME IF IT IS CANON AGAIN?

So I should just wait patiently? Yea sure, sure I'll wait... sit and wait... wait for something to happen, like I have since last September... Sit and wait for like I dunno, a skin, or a map, or a balance change ALL months in the making, because that is what counts as a major update for this game (so grandiose)! AND I should be happy I get anything at all while I sit and wait, right? I mean, it's not like they originally made MAJOR free content updates for the life of the game a selling point right (blood and gore anyone)? Until then I'll wait eternally for a state of the crusade that Nathan has apparently been writing for a couple of days now... or for someone else to leave the team, or for no news at all, or for the workshop, or vehicle customization, or terminators, or restarted campaigns with AT THE LEAST all the spelling and grammar errors fixed (someone should check Nathan's work... I mean that Australian writer's work). Sure, why not, I'll add player written campaigns to the list, it's not like I'm doing anything else apart from playing the same stale game from time to time. And it's also not like they are doing anything else but promising things for me to wait for instead of, I don't know, ANNOUNCING THINGS THEY ARE ABOUT TO IMPLEMENT IMMINENTLY. I will zog off and wait, thank you subject matter expert / ork, you give excellent advice.

My own two cents though, if I were Nathan I would say something like this in the state of the crusade, "I am sorry that in the past we have promoted to all of you items and content that has so far not made it into the game. We are working to change the policy of the past going into the new year and will only be telling you guys about content that is to be released within a two to three week time frame from here on out. I appreciate all of the community's efforts to help with our continued development, whether it be through campaign writing or the hopeful development of content for our soon(tm) (sorry can't help myself) workshop. You guys make this game great, thank you." And that's it, he would pretty much set himself on the right foot and on the right path to make amends with I think a lot of us malcontents if he said and did something like this. An apology for the past and a thanks for the future. But he won't do that, from what I've seen of his interactions with us he thinks himself better then his customers, which is a mistake. Educating and informing are one thing, condescension is another.
    LOBOTRONUS and Firskon like this.
  3. The Campaigns were submitted on the evening of Friday the 12th. There's been a whopping one business day since I sent it and I know Nathan has received the file and looked over it. Notice I didn't say anything about anything other than the fact that @Zael claimed they were "supposedly actively working on" the new campaign-system, new personal goals, and the retconned background-story but it sounded like he was trying to call bullshit on those (if that wasn't your intention Zael I apologize).

I refuted his points on those because we've done a lot of ACTUALLY ACTIVE work, for no reimbursement and with (for the moment) little credit for their effort, and I was NOT going to let him diminish the work my team has done.
  4. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

My post was not intended to diminish your work in any way. But fact is that you are just the creative side of content-creation. You are not writing the code for implementing it into the game and you are not testing and balancing it. bE can still put your projects on hold indefinitely any moment now.

So far, we have nothing but bE's assurance that THEY will eventually implement this.

I won't believe anything they say until I see it in-game.
  5. Krooza Nob Bozz KroozaNob Well-Known Member

So, let me get this right: you don't like the fact there is currently a lack of content, but until there won't be any new kind of content, you think the devs are just sitting being idle?

Anyway, I was given a chance to write content which has to be approved by GW. That's enough nerdiness for me to still stick around and see how this thing turns around. Meanwhile I still have fun ingame yelling WAAAGH behind oblivious devastators, so either way it's a win-win for me.
    Katzu_HSM likes this.
  6. Horus Firskon Subordinate

Yes. I do not see the result of their "work". There is no steam workshop. The only thing I see is the work of the community.

7. Imagine if we had the Steam Worshop since the begining. Imagine all the shit that could've been made, this is honestly quite depressing.
    LOBOTRONUS and Firskon like this.
  8. Well okay, then... We can still be friends... Lol :D
  9. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

Not quite. There are a few examples of the devs developing something, only to see it scrapped because it would cost too much manpower/money to actually finish the project and implement it.

All in all, what I believe is irrelevant.
    The statements bE issues are irrelevant.
    After so many broken promises, the only thing that counts is what's actually in-game.
    LOBOTRONUS, Korel and Firskon like this.
  10. I am not going to tell you the exact reason as I am under an NDA on certain things. But yes the lore of the game changed when GW put out some new lore and official models to go along with it. Just as to the specifics of it well one day it might be told why and what changed but for now just know that a new lore is coming and its far more rich and will have a better impact on the game than what was originally planned.
    Vaanes likes this.